Sr Systems Analyst
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Writes or updates software specifications.
4. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
5. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
6. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
7. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
8. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requi rements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
9. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
10. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
11. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
14. Writes and executes test plans, test cases, and test scripts
15. Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
16. 5-8 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
17. HP ALM experience preferred
18. ANSI X12 experience preferred
19. Medicare business knowledge preferred
20. CMS XLC experience preferred
Agile experience a plus
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.