Systems Engineer (w/Polygraph)
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/s oftware compatibility.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Active TS-SCI with Full Scope Polygraph security clearance.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
1. 2-5 years of related systems engineering and administration experience.
2. Knowledgeable in various computer hardware components, including basic assembly and disassembly (e.g., removal and installation of hard drives).
3. Proven understanding of networking and security principles and terminology.
4. Ability to work effectively individually as well as part of a team.
5. Good communications and customer service skills
6. Ability to work Monday-Friday schedule with flexibility to accommodate customer's schedule requirements.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.