Director of Marketing
ATD seeks a Director of Marketing to support a dynamic organization serving those who develop talent in their organizations. Our Director of Marketing is a member of the leadership team charged with creating and executing organization-wide strategies to market ATD’s brand, learning programs, conferences, publications, membership, enterprise offerings, and other programs and services. The Director and his/her team will create and implement marketing strategies and tactics to drive customer engagement by supporting key stakeholders, increasing demand, and growing and expanding audiences. A key part of this role is to work closely with ATD’s members and customers to help differentiate its products and services; the Director is instrumental in positioning ATD as a valued partner to organizations, business leaders, and individuals as the global source for products and services that increase employee effectiveness by strategically and intentionally developing their knowledge, skills, and abilities within a learning culture.
The Director of Marketing manages a team of marketing managers, marketing coordinators, and a creative services team.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
As a key leader, the Director will be responsible for building, mentoring, and coaching a strong team in order to:
- Build, enhance, and expand ATD’s global brand. Strengthen ATD’s marketing effectiveness using both traditional and digital tactics.
- Develop audience segments world-wide based on market demand rationalized by analytics.
- Optimize campaigns to maximize impact to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Work closely with the entire business to develop and execute marketing plans; generate and analyze data to evaluate those plans; adjust to maximize efficacy.
- Select and manage vendors determining when to in-source and when to out-source
- Collaborate and contribute to ATD’s Social Media team to ensure that ATD’s social media, PR, and MarComm strategies are delivering the desired results.
- Direct all marketing collateral to support and enrich ATD’s global brand.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- SEO / SEM
- Content Marketing
- Traditional Marketing Vehicles including print, media, email
- Lead Generation
- List Management
- Web Site Design, Publishing and Development
- Brand Marketing & Advertising
- Product Marketing
- Audience Development
- List Management
- Analytics (Identifying systems and infrastructure, interpreting data, recommending action, measuring results)
- Vendor Management
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Leadership: 10+ years of professional marketing success in a marketing team environment, where you were the leader directly responsible and accountable. Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to build teams, mentor and develop team members, and inspire exceptional performance.
- Technology and Data: Solid grounding in data-oriented collection, research and marketing techniques, including re-targeting, e-commerce, segmenting, lead scoring, and knowledge of the latest solutions in e-mail and marketing automation software.
- Organization: Must have the capability to juggle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced, exciting environment and get into the implementation details to ensure the smooth output by the team.
- Collaboratively Influences: Possesses an interpersonal style that includes situational awareness, decisiveness and an attention to detail. Low ego, sense of humor, with an understanding of how to foster collaborative relationships.
- Strategic Orientation: Challenges the status quo; creates, develops and implements new ideas, and processes; leverages new concepts; is experimental and takes calculated risks. Proven experience leading growth initiatives and developing new audiences or market segments.
- Market Savvy: Stays abreast of the best and future practices in both marketing and business overall.
- Learning Mindset: Actively seeks and shares knowledge; constantly learning; open mind.
ATD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ATD helps with transportation costs (parking is free).
We appreciate all of our applicants, but are unable to return phone calls and emails requesting details on the status of applications or the position. Applicants who bypass the recruitment process are not considered.
ATD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Race/Gender/Disabled/Veterans), and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Join the world's largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations and make a difference in your world.