Experienced Dump Truck Driver
Drives truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials, such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, coal, or bituminous paving materials. Hauls and delivers materials to and from specified vendors and job sites including loading and unloading in designated areas.
All applicants for the position shall meet the following minimum requirements.
Successfully pass an alcohol and controlled substance screen, in accordance with DOT regulations.
Present a valid CDL, DOT medical card and current copy of your driving record.
Have a means of transportation to report to a designated job location at the specified starting time.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Communicates with load and unload areas, hauls materials safely to designated areas and maintains safe speed and observes all haulage.
* Performs walk-around pre-trip safety inspections. Identifies safety problems or concerns and reports any unsafe conditions to Supervisor including near misses and areas where safety can be improved.
* Maintain an effective system of communications with supervisors and customers serviced.
* Class A or B Commercial Driver's License
* Prefer candidates who have five years plus previous experience hauling construction materials.
* A pre-trip vehicle inspection report must be filled out and turned in daily before you leave the yard.
* Keep vehicle clean from dirt and excess grease.
* Vehicles are to be washed and cleaned out daily.
* Fuel vehicle and drain air reservoir at the end of your work shift.
* Wear and maintain safety equipment (hardhat, safety-toed boots, safety glasses and orange safety vests) as required by work location