Expierienced Medical Coder
Sparks Group has teamed up with a well-known and trusted medical group looked for Medical Coding Auditors. The ideal person will be experienced in medical coding, performing audits that meet the requirements for diagnosis and E&M assignments, and use of Official ICD-10 CM Guidelines. Having the ability to maintain confidentiality between Physicians and patients and strong written and oral skills. Must be able to pass a proficiency exam. Detail oriented and analytical candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Daily encounter audits
- Enter encounter audits into regional database
- Support quality assurance process, regional analysis and regional training activities
- Prepare and perform auditing analysis
- Conduct Medicare, E/M and Procedure audits
- Partner with trainer(s) and other workgroups to identify audit trends
- Minimum 1 year experience in coding on Coding Clinical Guidelines
- Certification in: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care, Public Health, Finance preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience coding based on Coding Clinical Guidelines for inpatient and outpatient, preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience conducting Medical Records audits, preferred
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!