Physician Trainer – Medical Coding
We have partnered with a top-rated company in their search for a Medical Coding Physician Trainer. This company is the largest managed care organization in the United States and employee reviews on Glassdoor rave about the work-life balance and good pay, and excellent benefits. The incumbent candidate for this role will be responsible for coaching, monitoring, training, and ensuring that clinician coding is both appropriate and accurate. Travel between medical facilities is required for this position.
- Coach physicians and make suggestions for improvements, exercising sensitivity and independent judgement; keep physicians abreast on changes to billing and coding guidelines (Federal and State)
- Utilize different techniques to administer documentation and coding training (ton include individual, group, and departmental meetings)
- On an as needed basis, facilitate confidential audits and feedback
- Identify audit trend and risked areas by partnering with the Service Area Data Quality and Data Quality Auditor teams
- Based on audit review findings, ensure corrective actions are implemented where necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma or GED required with equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree) in healthcare, public health, finance, business, medical records) preferred but not required
- Demonstrative ability to review audit finds and analytical data to identify documentation trends and other areas of risk
- Experience conducting audits of medical records (to include analysis and the creation/implementation of action plans addressing audit findings)
- Five (5) or more years or experience performing coding based on Coding Clinic Guidelines for inpatient and outpatient
- Three (3) or more years of experience developing and conducting educational/training sessions for diverse audiences
- Three (3) or more years of experience conducting Medical Record audits
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!