Middle East Broadcasting Networks Inc. (MBN) is seeking college students who are interested in working for a high paced international broadcasting network. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The internship program is designed to provide students with diverse experience in performing activities typical of a multi-media broadcasting organization. Interns will receive routine and instructive feedback on their work, and have the opportunity to have hands on participation in mission-related activities.
Candidates are required to have:
- Current enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student in a journalism, communications, media (or related areas).
- Ability to be self-motivated and the willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate a 24/7 operation.
- Background and interest in current world affairs in the Middle East
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet quick turn-around deadlines and to be detail oriented and well-organized.
- Strong computer skills especially working with databases, spreadsheets and search engines.
- Basic knowledge of Arabic language is preferred but not required.