Advocacy & Public Policy Internships
6 days left
- Full Time
Help us bring the fight to Capitol Hill as the NAMI Community stands together and speaks up about important issues that affect our community. On June 29th, the NAMI Hill Day 2017 event will bring hundreds of people to meet with their Representatives to ask for action that supports people with mental illness and their families.
NAMI is looking for interns and volunteers to help organize and mobilize this effort between now and Hill Day 2017.
- Have experience or an interest in policy, advocacy or politics?
- Communicate well and have good organizational skills?
- Believe that people are empowered by advocacy?
- Are you interested in fighting against stigma and fighting to have guaranteed access to treatment?
If so, your passion and talent can be put to good use helping with the registration of attendees, scheduling of congressional appointments and organization of communication.
Volunteer interns will work alongside NAMI staff to develop and implement a strategy for organizing Hill Day participants and scheduling visits with Representatives on Capitol Hill.
Interns will also be involved in the coordination of transportation, Hill Day volunteer training and various logistically details. And, interns will be there to experience grassroots power as we stand together asking for change.
Work will be done at NAMI headquarters in Arlington, VA. Workstation, computer, phone, etc. supplied. Metro fare or parking provided.
- One to two shifts (4 hours) per week through May increasing to 10 hours per week in June.
- Attend Hill Day training.
- Participate in Hill Day 2017!
Especially encouraged to apply:
Government, public policy, political science majors. Also, people with lived experience and/or understanding on mental health conditions.