United Way Worldwide is the world’s largest privately-funded nonprofit. Our global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. United Way envisions a world in which all individuals and families develop and achieve their full potential through education, income stability, and healthy living. United Way employees possess the passion, expertise, and resources required to make great things happen–we invite you to be a part of the change–to Live United.
The Recruitment Coordinator is a member of the Human Resources Team and plays a key role in ensuring that United Way Worldwide recruiting duties are planned and delivered with the highest levels of quality and satisfaction.
The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for the overall delivery of assigned work projects within the Human Resources department. Provides confidential administrative and technical support in the areas of recruitment, administration, and Human Resources Information System (“HRIS/Paycom”). This role supports Human Resources by assisting with recruitment including job postings, screening applicant resumes, reviewing job descriptions, conducting reference and background checks, completing special projects, recordkeeping, file maintenance, HRIS/Paycom entry, and other confidential matters, in accordance with state and federal regulations.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at, or above, a satisfactory level:
- Assist the Manager, Recruitment with all aspects of recruitment. Manage all logistical aspects of production and delivery of the overall program, process contracts, work with vendors/consultants to ensure the timely achievement of project objectives and deliverables, and coordinate expenses and budget.
- Responsible for reviewing job descriptions and notifying manager of any concerns.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of recruitment strategies to achieve staffing levels.
- Support all aspects of the participant selection and onboarding process.
- Meet with Director, Human Resources and Manager, Recruitment to develop specific recruiting plans.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with colleges/university as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Work with Manager, Recruitment to coordinate the efforts of employment agencies and search firms, including negotiating and controlling employment related fees.
- Schedule and attend job fairs, as needed, with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants.
- Provide information regarding company operations and job opportunities to potential applicants.
- Screen and refer qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing. May provide initial screening to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements.
- Conduct reference and background checks.
- Assist with preparation of recruitment tools.
- Research, analyze, prepare, and present hiring and statistics.
- Maintain recruiting activities records as required.
- Assist employees, as needed, with completion of onboarding paperwork. Ensure that all documentation is complete and filed in employee files.
- Participate in development of annual recruiting budget.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Support and lead other projects as required.
Human Resources Information System
- Responsible for data entry and posting of all jobs in HRIS/Paycom, United Way websites, and external sites.
- Develop custom query reports for various Human Resources needs.
- Assist in maintaining electronic personnel files.
- Communicate and enforce United Way Worldwide recruitment policy/procedures with respect to staff administration.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, recruiting events etc., as needed.
- Respond to internal and external recruiting related inquiries, provide assistance, request information.
- Liaise with other departments or functions (Finance, Information Technology, Learning, Facilities).
- Demonstrate a commitment to United Way Worldwide by leading, acting, and behaving consistent with United Way Worldwide core values and Code of Ethics policy.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures, and attend safety trainings related to job.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of advanced level experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Paycom or other HRIS.
- Able to maintain discretion, tact, and excellent judgment in matters of confidentiality a must.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, computer, and Internet research skills.
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Able to work independently.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organizational, customer service, and multitasking/time management skills in a fast-paced, global organization.
- Ability to work well in a high-energy environment.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are enthusiastic about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 703-836-7100, ext. 428 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA; minutes from downtown Washington, DC. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: free parking and onsite gym; health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; tuition assistance; paid time off; medical appointment leave; family sick leave; employee assistance program; monthly volunteer opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. Please apply via the online system. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.