Library Systems & Services is the industry leader in helping governments improve the quality of their libraries. Through smarter operations we expand libraries’ capabilities, even when funding is tight.With already over 80 locations served across the United States, LS&S is on a rapid growth pattern with plans for expanding our business.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Financial Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
While here, you’ll enjoy an exciting culture that values people and their contributions to our business. We fully intend to support candidates that are willing to put in the effort to grow the team’s business. You’ll need to be located near and willing to work at LS&S Headquarters in Rockville, MD and engage in some travel across the country.
LS&S offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. If your values match ours and if you consider yourself a professional, productive, and optimistic self-starter, we encourage you to apply.
The successful candidate must be:
- A strong communicator and leader that cultivates a high performing team
- Driven by a strong sense of urgency
- A self-starter who is confident
- A customer service focused, team player
- Process oriented and organized with the ability to manage multiple, diverse projects
The successful candidate must have:
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller or Assistant Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills; Reporting functions will require ability to quickly obtain Microsoft NAV mastery
Employment with LS&S is strictly contingent upon the successful completion of our extensive background and reference check process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. All Applications for Employment must be submitted online at www.lssi.com.