Reporting to the ASN Director for Education, the Education Coordinator plans, implements, and supports educational activities intended to close the knowledge or performance-in-practice gaps of ASN members regarding patient-centered health care.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for Kidney Week (annual meeting) sessions and faculty; responsibilities include: meeting deadlines, communicating regularly with faculty, and coordinating with other staff on other activity-related needs including marketing, logistics, and enduring content.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for Kidney Week abstract inquiries (approximately 5,000 abstracts annually).
- Manage the Kidney Week database of meeting, faculty, and abstract information.
- Maintain standard operating procedures for the Kidney Week database.
- Administer the Kidney Week planning committees.
- Ensure ACCME compliance and maintain ACCME activity files for all assigned activities.
- Provide support for other educational activities as needed.
- Address external inquiries regarding all assigned activities in a timely manner.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years of project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency using technology to organize and execute projects (particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as databases.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Exceptional organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience with medical meetings, particularly abstracts.
- Experience working with volunteer leaders, particularly physicians.
- Experience with continuing education including accreditation, particularly CME.
- Nonprofit/association experience, particularly medical/healthcare.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: ASN Education Coordinator) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.