Event Marketing & Communications Coordinator
LOCATION: Works at NRA Headquarters; no telework
Responsible for a variety of duties within the Volunteer Fundraising structure including marketing and communication and video production activities for the Friends of NRA program. Must have graphic design experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association and the NRA Foundation.
1. Oversee the creative content, development and scheduling of e-mail blasts to promote Friends of NRA events. This includes researching e-mail market trends, analyzing success rate of current Friends of NRA e-mail blasts and designing new e-mail blasts that are consistent with Friends of NRA's brand and message.
2. Create graphic design for marketing collateral such as: brochures, manuals, flyer templates and other marketing assets promoting the Friends of NRA brand, NRA Foundation national events and the NRA Foundation's quarterly magazine, Traditions.
3. Identify new and interactive opportunities to raise funds for Friends of NRA to include awareness campaigns, PowerPoint projects, etc.
4. Monitor and maintain Friends of NRA e-mail inboxes to ensure that incoming messages are distributed accordingly and receive a response in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Support and assist NRA Field Staff with developing and scheduling monthly e-mail blasts in the Western and Southwest regions to market and promote Friends of NRA events in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Support and assist, as directed, NRA field staff with various requests including processing charters, insurance and mailing requests for Friends of NRA events in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Assist Y.E.S coordinator on the implementation and coordination, within departmental guidelines, of the Youth Education Summit [Y.E.S.] and assist with developing communication and marketing materials for the program.
8. Assist in the writing of quarterly Traditions Magazine articles promoting the Friends of NRA program, Y.E.S., and The NRA Foundation events in an accurate and timely manner.
SCOPE: High visibility with Field Operations divisional staff, NRA field staff, other staff within the NRA, Friends of NRA volunteers and Y.E.S. participants. Position functions in a fast paced, deadline oriented work environment with varied priorities and responsibilities with minimal direct supervision. Ability to communicate and work well with others essential. Weekend work is occasionally required. Local travel occasionally required. Ability to lift and carry 25-30 pounds required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree required. Concentration in Graphic Design is required. Proven understanding of web/mobile technologies. Experience in Marketing, Communications or equivalent is preferred. An understanding of and experience with marketing, fundraising and special event promotion is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Strong writing and basic computer skills requires. Excellent oral and written communications skills required. Must be extremely creative, organized and detail oriented. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within set deadlines essential. Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision essential. Proficiency in MS Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite [Photoshop, InDesign, and Premier], Web design and HTML required. Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a member of the team essential. Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with all levels of NRA staff, Y.E.S. participants and Friends of NRA volunteers.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.