Sr. Research Analyst
International law firm in Washington, DC is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to work in our Washington D.C. office as part of a global Knowledge team to provide substantive research expertise and insight for both client work and business development efforts. Specialized knowledge and research expertise to support the D.C. office practices, including in the areas of international law, trade, arbitration, and antitrust is highly desired, as well in-depth knowledge of U.S. federal and state government research sources and strategies. The Senior Research Analyst provides strategic research related to markets, industries, and competitors and handles D.C. attorney training on research tools and methodology, as well as participating in broader department strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrate strong skills and background in research, with specialized knowledge and experience in practice areas which support the D.C. practice, including federal and state government research and the ability to prepare legislative and regulatory histories.
- Proactively and independently assess research requests and ensure that research meets stated and anticipated needs.
- Educate attorneys on appropriate and specialized research resources and on research methodology. Ensure that library services are effectively promoted to attorneys and timekeepers.
- Provide research content for practice area websites.
- Create current awareness tools, newsletters, and alerts for ongoing monitoring of clients, industries, and events.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills and the ability to distill and present research work product in a concise, professional manner.
- Provide assistance in developing the research collection and maximizing the library space.
- Track and record billable and non-billable time spent providing research services according to the Firm’s library billing policy. Close timenotes on a daily basis.
Essential job requirements
Teamwork and Applied Skills
Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships.
Strong analytical and research skills with the ability to analyze problems logically and methodically and to absorb and synthesize large amounts of information into practical intelligence.
Strong writing skills and ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and convey information clearly and concisely.
Ability to effectively apply independent judgment.
Strong motivation to apply skills and knowledge proactively.
Ability to follow complex instructions with a high degree of accuracy.
Ability to independently assess client needs and to develop responsive solutions.
Ability to work collaboratively across departments and with all levels of personnel and to succeed in a teamwork environment, as well as the ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
Strong planning and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to manage workload effectively and meet all stated deadlines.
Strong sense of urgency and professional dedication. Availability to work outside of regular hours as needed to meet Firm business needs.
Proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and PowerPoint.
Ability to handle sensitive matters, maintain confidentiality, and exercise sound judgment.
Requirements: Master's degree in Library Science, JD or equivalent advanced degree strongly preferred and 3+ years of progressively responsible research experience, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Law firm experience preferred.
Resumes should be submitted to: email@example.com