Accounting and Grants Management Associate
The Inter-American Dialogue seeks an Accounting and Grants Management Associate to help with general accounting responsibilities (50%) as well as to support an international development program in Guatemala (50%).
Specific tasks will include:
- Working closely with the DC-based Accounting and Finance staff to maintain efficient, accurate and streamlined accounting procedures using MIP accounting software;
- Working with DC- and Guatemala-based accounting and program staff to ensure that all local expenditures have proper documentation and comply with US government and Guatemalan government requirements;
- Processing a variety of accounting transactions to verify accuracy, proper calculations and amounts, inclusion of appropriate source documentation, and proper budget codes;
- Tracing discrepancies through source materials, or through discussion with originating party, to resolve them;
- Preparing the proper subcontracting documents and ensuring that subcontractors understand and follow accounting best practices;
- Maintaining updated accounting documentation and producing monthly vouchers and other financial reports.
The ideal candidate will have experience in accounting and a familiarity managing US government grants. S/he will be highly organized and detail oriented, with strong interpersonal skills. Fluency in Spanish is required. Knowledge of MIP accounting software preferred.