Java Software Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, document, development, and implement/enhance highly scalable and secure Java Web Applications.
- Work with Team Analysts and Developers to enhance the COB&R application to be compliant with the CMS tool and architecture guidelines.
- Lead the development and coordination of large projects by providing technical oversight and direction for the development team.
- Take accountability for the design and development of complex systems to ensure they meet the business requirements.
- Architect, design, code, and implement simple and clean designs that provide for ease of maintenance.
- Participate in Quality Assurance initiatives to ensure high product quality throughout the development process and life cycle.
- Mentor and support less senior developers to ensure they meet their deliverables and develop professionally.
- Take personal accountability for individual contribution towards project success.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- 8 - 10+ years of object oriented software development experience
- Knowledge of Java object design and patterns and ability to translate them into efficient code
- 8+ years developing web and J2EE applications - Java, JSP/Servlets, EJB, JMS, Model-View-Controller APIs (Struts, JSF), Web Services, HTML, XML, and DHTML
- 5+ years SQL experience
- 5+ years IBM WebSphere and MQ experience or comparable middleware & messaging technologies
- Experience with IBM FileNet is highly desirable
- Experience with IBM Sterling B2B Integrator (Gentran Integration Suite) is highly desirable
- Strong database knowledge (DB2 and Oracle) preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Keeps abreast of latest development tools and techniques