Marketing and Communications Intern
TRACE is currently seeking a full-time Marketing and Communications Intern in our Annapolis office to assist with execution of marketing and PR campaigns. This is a full-time, paid position from June-August 2017. Applications will be accepted until April 14, 2017 or until the position is filled, whichever occurs first.
Tasks will include:
- Raise awareness of TRACE and support our mission to advance commercial transparency worldwide through marketing and communications outreach.
- Assist in formulating and executing marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- Assist with PR efforts i.e. undertaking research to identify new press and communications opportunities and drafting press releases.
- Assist with maintenance of press lists and publications tracking.
- Draft content for the website and edit webpages using the CMS.
- Coordinate with internal graphic designer to translate concepts into marketing collateral.
- Assist with digital marketing implementation i.e. keyword research and drafting content for PPC/SEO campaigns.
- Monitor integrated marketing campaigns through analytics tools and CRM reports to determine the effectiveness of campaigns and identify areas for improvement.
- Conduct research of prospective targets, industries, markets and competition.
- Draft social media posts for company accounts that are consistent with TRACE messaging.
- Assist with email marketing for monthly newsletters, event information, partnership event announcements, promotions and surveys.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
- A creative and passionate communicator who is eager to apply classroom skills in a real-world setting and is pursuing a degree in Marketing/Communications, English, Journalism, International Relations or related discipline.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience with online analytics (Google analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter analytics)
- Experience with social media networks i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and also the management system Hootsuite.
- Interest in US and International law, specifically the area of anti-bribery compliance.
- Prior non-profit experience and the ability to keep pace with a diverse and demanding workload.
TRACE interns are encouraged to pitch fresh ideas to improve our online presence and marketing strategy with the high likelihood of implementation. Interns can expect to develop a strong, practical skillset in marketing/communications and international relations and grow their personal portfolio with real-world samples of their work.
This position offers opportunities for increased responsibility for interns who demonstrate initiative and produce high-quality work. The Marketing and Communications Intern will:
- Work in a diverse "start-up" environment and collaborate on projects with industry experts and colleagues representing 20+ countries who speak 40+ languages.
- Learn practical marketing strategies from a team of marketing professionals.
- Learn about the rapidly expanding anti-bribery compliance and due diligence industry and how it applies to multinational corporations, their third party intermediaries and the international community at large.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, an original writing sample, and simulated social media posts (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) relating to a TRACE initiative or service of their choice to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.