Office of Regional Center Operations
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Assistant Director in the Office of Regional Center Operations. Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Eastern Maryland, the Assistant Director is responsible for training, development and supervision of the front line staff and advisors at the Education Center. The Assistant Director and staff are responsible for providing student services in their area.
* Office will be located in Elkridge, MD *
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supervision of front line staff providing student services, as well as academic advisors.
- Coordinate processes that ensure students receive timely and exemplary service through the admission, advising and registration processes.
- Collect, analyze and track enrollment data.
- Assist with department wide outreach, enrollment and advising services.
- Collaborate with Director and make recommendations for individual and team training needs, opportunities, and business process improvement.
- Work in conjunction with other Assistant Directors in the department to coordinate efforts to increase enrollment; coordinate pre and post event follow up with leads.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and two (2) years of relevant work experience in a customer-facing role.
- Candidates are required to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Candidates will have strong organizational skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal communication skills for both one-on-one interactions and group presentations; the ability to work with diverse populations; the ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of professionalism; and the demonstrated ability to work responsibly and independently.
- Some evenings, weekends and extensive in-state travel is required.
- Candidates must have a good driving record along with reliable transportation and auto insurance.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates with experience in community college settings, higher education academic advising, recruitment, marketing, or customer service are preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.