Assoc. Dir. Academic Technology Operations
Associate Director, Academic Technology Operations
Learner & Faculty Experience
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 3.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Associate Director for Learner & Faculty Experience. The Associate Director, Academic Technology Operations will be responsible for the management and performance of the Academic Technology portfolio. The selected candidate will also work closely with the AVP, Academic Technology to operationalize new AT solutions.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders across the Academic and functional areas to drive solution level planning and execution across the organization.
- Operationalize aggregate reporting, tracking, issue and risk resolution for portfolio view.
- Oversees the analysis of performance data, configurations, and historical trending data necessary to support issue identification, capacity planning, and measurement against SLAs.
- Oversees the classification of change requests and feature enhancement requests to identify complexity and alignment with strategic goals.
- Provides matrix leadership to project and program managers and guides them on effectively managing solution operationalization.
- Support cross-organizational leaders to ensure solution-level plans and results achieve business objectives.
- Support the establishment of process and operating cadence for the continuous delivery of new Academic Technologies.
- Support and manage user acceptance testing of AT Solutions.
- Assist leadership with tracking and measuring success of AT portfolio, including designing analytical approaches, data collection and analysis, and helping to ensure the overall success of new initiatives and the overall University.
- Support the development of and manage standard operating procedures to enable more efficient operations.
- Contributes to strategic planning, long range department objectives, and policy formulation.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of professional experience with at least 3 years of supervisory responsibility in a higher education or other technology enhanced operations environment.
- Familiarity with higher education standards such as those developed by IMS Global.
- Experience with academic technologies and higher education administrative systems.
- Well-developed technical analytical skills to uncover insights and make recommendations for action.
- Solid project management skills to keep track of significant interdependencies in a complex project environment and ensure the ultimate timeline and business goals are achieved.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate results and to apply practical judgment to enhance procedures or solutions.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent track record in cross-functional leadership roles.
- Experience with global operations and product launches.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree preferred
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.