Heavy Equipment Mechanic Supervisor
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Supervisor
T18A, $34.33 - $46.35
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Engineering & Maintenance Department, MA-125
February 15, 2017
Open Until Filled
WHY CHOOSE THE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY?
While finding a job that meets your career goals and pays you well is important, remember that the employer’s benefits may make all the difference. To review benefits information please
To review the description of duties, please
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other (KSAOs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAOs one (1) through (3) only. The rest of the KSAOs will be assessed during the application process.
In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAOs in a narrative format. We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A high school diploma, a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
2. Five (5) years of repair and maintenance of heavy mobile gasoline and diesel fueled equipment (e.g. construction equipment, buses, trucks, crash/fire equipment) including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems and components.
3. Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with HazMat endorsement or ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire, promotion, or placement into the position.
4. Education, experience or training demonstrating the ability to perform successfully as a first level supervisor such as the ability to plan/assign/review work, deploy personnel, monitor work operations, obtain effective results and perform a full array of supervisory personnel functions.
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1. Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with HazMat endorsement.
2. Experience maintaining and repairing heavy equipment including crash/fire equipment, construction equipment, snow removal equipment, buses, trucks, police and passenger cars for a public or government entity.
3. Five (5) years’ experience in large-hub airport airfield and runway snow removal operations.
4. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Refrigerant Type 1 (Small Appliances) and Type 2 (High-Pressure) Certification; certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) as an ASE mechanic; and Automotive Service Education Program (ASEP) Certification.
5. Licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia as a State Safety Inspector.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.