Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Academic Advisor.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Advise students via telephone, e-mail, and face-to-face meetings; 80% of interactions with students will occur on the telephone or by e-mail
- Set and complete daily automated tasks to ensure students have a reliable point of contact for issues or concerns
- Accurately document and maintain student information in the CRM system
- Respond to incoming e-mail and telephone calls
- Drive student retention through proactive outreach via telephone and e-mail campaigns
- Maintain and provide accurate information on academic progress, program requirements, policies, procedures and dates/deadlines
- Evening and weekend hours and possibly holidays may be required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS degree required from an accredited institution of higher learning and one (1) year experience providing quality customer service in a call center or service delivery organization; outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; excellent phone voice, in terms of tone and clarity; exceptional organization and time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; self-motivated, organized, upbeat and outgoing personality with a desire to encourage others to succeed; previous experience with student retention a plus.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master's Degree; previous advising/higher education experience; customer relationship management (CRM) systems experience; background in marketing, sales, event coordination or public relations.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.