Intern, Business Operations
- Full Time
An Equal Opportunity Employer
No. Vacancies: 1.00
FLSA: Non Exempt
Travel %: None
Education: High school or vocational school completed
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Join Intelsat's Network Operations Department as an Intern!
This is an innovative opportunity where you will assist with improving various initiatives, such as workflow for internal projects and database management using SharePoint. As an intern, you will be working directly/indirectly with RF, Video, Data and Facility Engineers across multiple global Teleports.
- Organize and develop workflow of SharePoint site (creating sites, workflows, metrics, dashboards)
- Helping establish Excel pivot tables supporting Financial reports, operational reports
- Collaborate with a diverse group of departments including, Engineering, Network Operations and Operations
- Program Management initiatives
- Working knowledge of SharePoint (highly preferred) ***Please specify if you have experience with SharePoint on your resume and/or cover letter
- Microsoft Project, Visio, InfoPath experience
- Business, Information Systems or Science related major
- Eligible candidates must be one of the following:
- Part-time or full-time students who have completed 24+ credit hours (rising sophomores/juniors/seniors) and are enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Part-time or full-time students enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited college or university
- May 2017 graduate (Summer Interns Only)
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in the workplace
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice Suite
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
Summer Intern Program Description:
- 12 weeks starting on Monday, 22 May through Friday, 11 August
- We expect interns to work 40 hours/week, Monday- Friday, 8:30am-5:15pm
- All interns are paid $16/hour
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.