Genetics Editorial Board Writer/Editor
The Health. Research, Informatics and Technology Division is currently seeking a Genetics Editorial Board Writer/Editor to support our NCI client in Rockville, MD.
- Edit/Proofread/Quality Control Physician Data Query (PDQ) health professional cancer genetics information summaries
- Work with NCI Cancer Genetics Editorial Board manager and assist with Cancer Genetics Editorial Board meetings
- Write/edit Patient cancer genetics summaries in lay language
- Work in XML program to edit summaries in NCI database
- Degree in Health related sciences preferably cancer genetics
- 4 years of experience with copy-editing and quality control scientific documents
- 4 years of experience with writing lay language scientific documents
- Display a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to meet production deadlines
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Possess the aptitude for understanding the “big picture” while focusing on accuracy and details.
- Display a strong commitment to working in a team environment
- Medical copyediting
- Medical lay language writing
- Cancer Genetics
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Team player with the ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage and coordinate work with other staff writer-editors.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)