Executive in Residence, Management Department
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY – KOGOD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Executive in Residence
Kogod School of Business, Management Department
The Department of Management at the Kogod School of Business, American University, Washington, D.C. invites applications and nominations for a full-time Executive in Residence faculty position beginning Fall Semester 2017. This is a term position, with an annual renewable contract.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Earned a graduate degree (e.g., MS, MBA, JD, Ph. D.), Ph. D. preferred
- Teaching experience in a variety of management courses
Key position activities include:
- High quality teaching undergraduate or graduate courses in introduction to business (KSB-100), global corporate citizenship (MGMT-201), Management and Organizational Behavior (MGMT-353) and Business Policy and Strategy (MGMT-458), with the possibility of teaching other management elective courses in entrepreneurship, sustainability, leadership/teams, negotiations, entertainment, and consulting.
- Providing substantial leadership and coordination in furthering the goals of the AU Kogod School Candidates, e.g., in curriculum development, external and internal engagement, and grant applications, in ongoing programs such as the AU Center for Innovation.
- Participating in department, school, and university activities.
Rank: Executive in Residence
American University is a private institution within easy reach of the many centers of government, business, research, and the arts located within the nation’s capital. For more information about American University, visit www.american.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Send letter of application, curriculum vita, copies of teaching evaluations, and three references electronically via interfolio using the following link: http://apply.interfolio.com/40669
Requests for information should be directed to:
Ms. Takei Roach
Academic Affairs Coordinator
Kogod School of Business
4400 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20016-8044
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively “Protected Bases”) in its programs and activities. American University is a tobacco and smoke free campus.