International Programs Intern - 48 Week Opportunity
The National Wildlife Federation is seeking an International Programs Interns to join our team in our Washington, DC office. The International team at the National Wildlife Federation promotes wildlife conservation and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions through market-based initiatives that address large-scale commodity agriculture as a driver of tropical deforestation. In this context, we promote the sustainable production and use of biofuels and biomaterials through voluntary, independent certification under the global standards of the Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (www.rsb.org). This fast-paced, demanding internship requires dealing with many interlinked activities - often across different time zones - and grasping complex issues subject to rapid change.
The International intern will undertake a number of research, advocacy, and administrative tasks in support of the Vice President for International Conservation and Corporate Strategies, and the international team. He or she will assist in managing content across multiple websites and social media platforms. The intern will represent the program under a variety of circumstances, including managing correspondence, planning meetings/events, and attending events and conferences on behalf of the team. Therefore, excellent interpersonal and communications skills are essential.
In this role you will:
- Research specific topics as needed for the team
- Write factsheets, event proposals, organizational updates
- Book travel and file expenses
- Maintain the VPs calendar, schedule meetings, aid in event creation and logistical support
- Manage the VP's inbox and contacts database
- Maintain up-to-date information across multiple websites, blogs, and social media platforms
- BA/BS degree in natural resources management, conservation biology, environmental policy, international relations/political science, international development, or other relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong research and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Proven ability to multitask among competing priorities
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; experience using WordPress platforms a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental advocacy a plus
- Professional language proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred
- International travel experience a plus
This position is 24 weeks but may be extended to a max of 48 weeks.
Interested candidates should submit both a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a flexible work environment. The National Wildlife Federation is committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.