Manager, Network Services (847-679)
7 days left
- Full Time
The Manager, Network Services is responsible for management, oversight, and support of the Network Services team within Information Technology. The Network Services team provides design, installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance activities for all data, voice, and video network services. The Manager is responsible for analysis and planning activities associated with procuring, implementing, and maintaining enterprise-wide data, voice, and video network services. The responsibilities also include overseeing the day-to-day technical activities related to maintaining a reliable and effective network infrastructure environment per the requirements of IT management and USP as a whole.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages the operational activities of the Data/Voice/Video network services, ensures compliance with policies, and that all issues are addressed and resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Provides hands-on technical leadership and guidance to technical staff, including design, installation, configuration, maintenance, and security.
- Supervises, develops and mentors the Network Services team by utilizing effective goal setting and management techniques and methodologies.
- Makes effective and efficient use of resources; sets high, achievable aspirations for services and operations, coordinates operations activities with other departments and service providers, and ensures patch management and change control policies are followed
- Develops, assists, and manages the Network Services team projects, tasks, schedules and resources in accordance with IT Management’s goals, approved budgets, and timelines.
- Evaluates new technology integration recommendations, plans, develops, and designs network management and maintenance projects to improve the business operations.
- Ensures the provisioning of comprehensive, integrated, reliable, high-quality services in areas such as backbone and local area networking, network facilities and infrastructure, Internet access, high-performance and high-availability networking, network security, remote access to organizational IT services.
- Monitors utilization trends, manages network performance, and assures maximum uptime; performs ongoing analysis, capacity planning, and technical tuning of the network systems to improve performance.
- Ensures the continuous operation, availability, uptime, maintenance and running of all Network, Unified Communications, and AV Equipment.
- Works with the user community to determine and improve user satisfaction levels with the products and identifies when changes to existing technology and/or training programs are necessary to achieve a better user experience.
- Analyzes network functions and evaluates the services provided; develops plan of action and recommendations; identifies milestones and issues to be addressed, and generates reports as required.
- Works with IT leadership to develop fiscal budgets for equipment, software, services, licensing, and training, as well as the development of IT policies and procedures.
- Participates in disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of related work experience and education.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive work experience in network services to include voice, data and video services and 2 years of demonstrated experience managing projects and leading people.
- Proven ability to manage and direct onsite and remote support team in a respectful manner
- Ability to provide an environment to grow team's technical expertise and provide guidance
- Experience in cost management disciplines and in managing contractual agreements
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations and interact successfully with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a global organization with staff from other countries
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills essential
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, writing, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to create conceptual design documents to enhance customer understanding of technical projects
- Ability to evaluate proposals received from vendors
- Ability to collect qualitative and quantitative data to help drive process improvement and successful project completion
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing protocols, messaging systems, security technology and Internet core systems, load balancing technology, and high availability systems
- Willing to work on off hours as requested by Sr. Manager, Network Technologies
- Ability to manage shifting priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task under dynamic conditions and constraints with minimal supervision
- Having an ITIL v3 Foundation Certification is a plus.
- Ability to find creative solutions and workarounds to meet customer expectations
- Ability to facilitate productive meetings and work successfully in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to lead technical teams through project and task work with successful outcomes
- Strong analytical, prioritization, time management, and follow-up skills
- Strong troubleshooting, resolution skills, and problem analysis skills
- Understanding of Various AV technologies, Cisco networking, and Unified Communications offerings
- Knowledge of current trends and information sources for managing network systems
- knowledge of network performance tuning techniques
- Knowledge of networked systems access and security guidelines and procedures
Network, Systems and Communication Engineers at different levels
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular