Manager, Young Professional Programs
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics is seeking a Manager, Young Professional Programs, who will be responsible for developing and implementing young professional and student programs at AIAA Forums, serve as primary interface with the Young Professionals and Academic Affairs Committees as well as the Aerospace Department Chairs Association, and administration of the design, build & fly student competitions.
- With assistance from our members, develop and implement young professional programs (e.g. Rising Leaders Forum).
- Organize the student receptions that take place at the AIAA Forums.
- Administer the various phases of the design, build fly Competitions.
- Working with the volunteer committees, identify new opportunities for the students and young professionals to engage with AIAA.
- Manage the online job Board.
- Monitor the student to professional transition process and analyze trends.
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of the student and young professional programs.
- Serve as the primary interface with the Young Professional and Academic Affairs committees as well as the Aerospace Department Chair Association. Includes helping to identify and develop strategic initiatives, coordinating meeting arrangements, taking and preparing minutes, presenting information and feedback.
- Assist the YP Committee with their newsletter and online engagement.
- Provide input into the Forum, Member Services, Student Programs and Foundation Budgets.
- Manage the selection process of the Student and Young Professional Liaisons to the Board. Serve as point of contact for travel and logistics.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify problems and to take appropriate action within AIAA guidelines with minimal direction.
- Excellent demonstrated ability to build relationships with all constituent groups.
- Excellent team player with proven ability to work collaboratively.
- An energetic self-starter who can quickly adapt and thrive in a multi-tasked environment
- Ability to identify, comprehend, and resolve protocol issues.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business or communications major preferred.
- Five to Six years’ experience in program management and relationship cultivation.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Experience with Association Management Systems, preferably Abila’s Netforum Enterprise System.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Travel at least six times per year.
To apply, email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work at AIAA?
Make a real difference in the aerospace industry! Assist us in positioning aerospace for its exciting future while celebrating the industry’s pioneering accomplishments. As an AIAA employee, you will enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including:
- 37.5-hr work week
- 11 holidays + vacation and sick leave
- Great location off the Dulles Toll Road near the new Reston Silver Line Metro
- Awarded ‘Best Workplaces for Commuters’ by Fairfax County Transit Authority and the National Center for Transit Research
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance with low co-pays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with generous match
- Group Term Life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Educational assistance
- Health club and Weight Watchers subsidy
AIAA is the largest aerospace professional society in the world, serving an innovative, high-value workforce that helps make the world safer, more connected, more accessible, and more prosperous. We represent a profession whose great work has produced everything from the brilliant innovations that affect daily living to the major missions that fuel our collective human drive to explore and to accomplish amazing things.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
12700 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 200
Reston, VA 20191