Located in Bethesda, MD, Managed Care Advisors (MCA) is an innovative company with a unique set of services specific to Specialized Health Program Management, Federal Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Disability Management and Absence Management. MCA has an immediate opening for a bright, professional, and motivated Human Resources Generalist.
Managed Care Advisors:
- Provides an exciting and fast-paced work environment
- Celebrates our individual and team successes together
- Supports a team oriented work atmosphere
- Footsteps from the Bethesda Metro
The Human Resources Generalist position requires a well-rounded professional experienced and proficient in the overall aspects of human resources needs. This is a "generalist" position, touching multiple aspects of Human Resources daily. This individual will advise, counsel and assist operations and functional leadership regarding company policies, procedures and documentation.
Key duties include:
- Manage general employment life cycle activities including recruitment, on-boarding, leave management & termination
- Manage employee relations issues, partnering with HR Manager and functional leader as appropriate
- Provide counsel, recommendations and support to manage performance, including coaching, counseling and partnership on performance plan development
- Maintain HR information and manage relevant employee processes in HRIS/ Applicant Tracking systems, developing reports as needed
- Administer benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSAs, life insurance, STD/LTD in accordance with MCA policies. Manage benefit changes in a timely fashion
- Manage the process for staff to obtain Federal security clearances
- Provide support and inputs to HR project initiatives as assigned
- Assist in implementation of HR programs and company-wide policies, procedures and guidelines
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3 - 7 years HR experience
- Intermediate skill level using MS Office (Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/ Outlook)
- Previous experience and demonstrated capability using HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interface with all employees
- Excellent communications skills that include clear development of ideas, and excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Demonstrated active listening skills for one-on-one as well as group discussion(s).
- Strong problem solving skills, with demonstrated creativity and independence to address work challenges.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of employment law, both state and federal (including but not limited to COBRA, FLSA, ADA, HIPAA, EEO, AAP)
- Demonstrated sound judgment, ability to apply depth of knowledge and experience in solving challenges
- Demonstrated professional, self-motivated, results oriented
- Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel on an ongoing basis
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
MCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of each employee upon hire. Successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire.