ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) Developer
The ETL Developer will be involved in the design, development and support of components, which will be used to extract, stage, standardize, cleanse, transform and load data from various internal and external data sources into the Enterprise Data Warehouse using SSIS. Must respond to Ad Hoc reporting requests with high quality data on time.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent Degree.
Minimum five years of related work experience.
Sound understanding of data warehouse principles, Data Warehouse design and best practices in the Analytical and Business Intelligence space.
Experience with performing data matching from and across various data sources.
Need deep data analysis and profiling skills.
Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Ability to implement repeatable data cleansing and data standardization steps and procedures within ETL routines.
Provide technical expertise with data integration, collection and documentation of metadata components and information delivery.
Ability to interact with technical staff and management with a view to provide business solutions.
Expert on the use of Microsoft tools: SSIS, SSMS, SQL Server Management Studio.
Experience and ability to write efficient SQL queries, functions and stored procedures.
Ability to independently create/maintain/recommend use of data base objects.
- Ability to interact with technical staff and management with a view to provide business solutions.
1. Design and develop automated ETL processes to ingest new data sources in the APA data warehouse(s), match/dedupe data against all other data sources existing in the data warehouse to assign unique ID to a person or institution.
2. Create automated incremental load processes to include data on periodic frequency in order to either add or changing attributes associated with a person.
3. Ensure data integrity and standardize date to ensure attributes like Address, emails, are clean/standardized and eliminate duplicates.
4. Lead JAD sessions/efforts for ETL approaches and alternate techniques/approaches.
5. Create and maintain documents related to business processes, mapping/ETL design, data dictionaries, and data profiles.
6. Coordinate and communicate with business users, technical experts, SMEs and management to gather and document requirements.
Qualified candidates must apply online and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.