Recruitment Officer, English for Heritage Language Speakers (EHLS) - Center for Language Education
Recruitment Officer, English for Heritage Language Speakers (EHLS) - Center for Language Education and Development, School of Continuing Studies
Part-time opportunity - 15 hours per week from March 20, 2017 through July 14, 2017.
Native speakers of critical languages are in high demand in the U.S. government. Georgetown University's English for Heritage Language Speakers trains advanced English speakers to be effective communicators and strong candidates for federal jobs. All EHLS participants receive a full scholarship from the National Security Education Program (NSEP) that includes tuition and a living stipend.
The EHLS Recruitment Officer supports the recruitment of qualified applicants for the English for Heritage Language Speakers (EHLS) Scholarship Program at Georgetown University. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participates in the development of the recruitment campaign by researching heritage community outlets in the region and identifying advertising venues.
- Participates in the recruitment process by contacting potential program partners, setting up informational presentations, representing the program at recruitment events, distributing program materials and communicating with prospective applicants.
- Maintains databases of potential applicants and marketing/recruitment resources.
- Bachelor's degree in liberal arts, science or business
- 1+ year experience in international program marketing and student recruitment
- Excellent communication skills, organizational abilities. and cross-cultural awareness
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, spreadsheets, databases, social media sites, and e-newsletters production
- Preference for some experience in language education
- Availability and willingness to work some weekend hours
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.