Senior Manager, Partnership / Business Development
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17600.Business Development
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 50%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: Yes
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Develop and prioritize activities for partnerships, investments and merger & acquisition activity. Responsible for developing and managing the relationship between the organization and product management and potential partners / acquisition candidates by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies. Develops financial analysis, business cases and insights for input for executive management decision making. Develop dashboards and metrics to measure business development effectiveness and performances in collaboration with Finance.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience working in business development (must include people management experience) within the communications or hi-tech industry.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience working with satcom services.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally potentially up to 50% of the time.
- Executive presence; ability to interact with management, key customers and industry partners at all levels.
- Highly developed business acumen, technical capabilities, knowledge of product management principles and financial acumen.
- Ability to establish mutually beneficial relationships.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop presentations and deliver them effectively to all levels.
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills.
- Enthusiasm for partnership development.
The following additional knowledge, skills and abilities are considered a plus:
- Advanced degree related to finance/economics.
- Develop strategy and prioritize activities for Business Development.
- Responsible for developing and managing the relationship between the organizations, product management and potential partners/acquisition candidates by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies.
- Identifies and develops new opportunities across the region using an analytical and creative approach. These may take the form of partnerships, acquisitions, joint marketing agreements, sale/leaseback of assets, and development of key orbital assets.
- Has leadership responsibility for cross-functional teams in the identification and execution of strategic transactions. This oversight includes both internal and external (banks, accounting firms, Legal) constituencies.
- Identifies opportunities for business expansion, and develops and manages relationships in strategic markets and accounts that further business development activity.
- Manage the identification and pursuit of new strategic relationships across the region for all, or a major portion, of the organization.
- Works with and represents the organization to executive level contacts at outside companies and on professional panels (i.e. conferences).
- Works with marketing, sales and technology groups to implement business development strategy into specific initiatives.
- Analyzes market data to identify opportunities and create 'out-of-the-box' growth initiatives. Work closely with Sales understand capacity and demand challenges in region and look for solutions.
- In addition, responsible for defining and maintaining the long term partnerships for product architecture and service requirements through all the product life cycle phases, bringing the crucial aviation consumer viewpoint into the product and service.
- Develop and manage dashboards, performance metrics and management presentation decks.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.