EVP Membership & Marketing
The United States Naval Institute, a non-profit publisher in Annapolis, MD, seeks permanent, full-time Executive Vice President, Membership and Marketing who will lead all membership and member marketing activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Sets membership strategy and direction
- Defines and communicates a clear value statement for membership.
- Provides strategic direction, management, and oversight of all member acquisition efforts.
- Leverages membership data to forecast trends, inform strategies, and support data-based decisions.
-Member recruitment and retention
- Develops and provides the strategies and tools needed for the Institute to grow and retain members while building a strong membership culture within the organization.
- Implement and oversea the planned installation of Luminate CRM constituent engagement software as it pertains to member data bases, member acquisition, retention, and member demographics.
- Develops and implements strategies and programs designed to increase the lifetime value of a member.
- Develops strategies to achieve greater market penetration within potential membership groups with a special emphasis on recruiting and retaining active duty military.
- Actively solicits feedback from existing members to monitor customer satisfaction.
- Analyzes membership trends and demographics including lifetime value, conversion, and renewal rates.
-Member and Customer Service
- Supervises a seven-person Member Services Group.
- Directs all services and benefits for Naval Institute membership.
- Develops the overall customer service strategy and provides strategic customer service assistance to all Institute departments.
- Establishes and monitors metrics to gauge the success of the Institute’s investment in member recruitment and achievement of member satisfaction.
- Collaborate with other Departments to ensure quality, reliability, and accuracy of membership records.
-Supervises the Membership Marketing Manager.
-Co-leads both the Marketing Executive Committee and also the Marketing Team, cross-departmental teams tasked with coordinating the overall marketing efforts of the Institute.
-Leads Student and Active Duty marketing effort designed to attract a younger, active duty membership demographic.
-Oversees cross-team collaborations to execute an integrated branding, marketing, and communications strategy for the institute’s programs, products, and services.
-Responsible for developing and managing an annual operating budget of approximately $2.5 million.
- Veteran of the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps or Coast Guard (preferred).
- Expertise in use of digital data bases, software, and social media.
- Demonstrated senior leadership and staff development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree desired; Masters Degree (preferred).
- Budget development and management experience.
- Manages a staff of nine. Direct report to the CEO.
About the U.S. Naval Institute:
Giving voice to those who seek the finest Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.
To provide an independent forum for those who dare to read, think, speak, and write to advance the professional, literary, and scientific understanding of sea power and other issues critical to global security.
The Naval Institute provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. The Naval Institute is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). For more information, visit www.usni.org.
Send email (with salary requirements). Email to: HR@usni.org