- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Active Directory Account Management
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Windows 7 troubleshooting and OS deployment
- Application troubleshooting - Outlook; Excel; Word; JAVA; Internet Explorer;
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) experience is a plus
- Microsoft Exchange experience is a plus
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA Security+CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification prior to Hire Date. As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested. As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities