Administrative Assistant, Graduate Career and Professional Development - Georgetown University Law
Administrative Assistant, Graduate Career and Professional Development - Georgetown University Law School
Georgetown Law's Graduate Career and Professional Development is a group of experienced attorneys who provide professional development and career advising services to U.S.- and foreign-trained LL.M. students at Georgetown Law. In addition, Graduate Career and Professional Development acts on the behalf of our LL.M. students by actively seeking and advertising employment opportunities for LL.M. students; organizing and participating in interview programs for the graduate student population; and promoting the qualities of LL.M. students collectively or individually to potential employers.
The Administrative Assistant provides computing, technical, research, clerical and administrative support to the Graduate Career & Professional Development Directors, as well as the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs, including handling logistical and organizational matters and playing a supportive role for all student functions and processes. The range of responsibilities includes but is not limited to organizing and executing special events, maintaining data files, preparing special reports and correspondence, receiving and screening email, other electronic communication, and participating in meetings as requested. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Submits room, catering and AV requests for all career-related programs and events organized by or co-hosted by Graduate Career and Professional Development.
- Maintains schedule of events for fall and spring programs and create RSVP links for programs.
- Updates RSVP links as programs change.
- Tracks attendance at programs and compiles attendance numbers for the Director and Associate Dean.
- Reviews and compiles employment survey results for end of the year employment survey.
- Manages LL.M. class photo distribution.
- Tracks expenses related to employer outreach in the summer, types up notes from meetings, and conducts background research as needed.
- Uploads incoming students to 12Twenty in August.
- Inputs student appointment counseling notes and other student data into 12Twenty.
- Creates Job Postings in 12Twenty when contacted by employers.
- Sets up and orchestrates On Campus Interviews for employers in 12Twenty.
- Assists students with technical issues using 12Twenty or Graduate Career and Professional Development's website.
Website and Databases
- Updates the website weekly (for example, checks links and adds new information as requested).
- Maintains Summer Page for incoming students.
- Manages gradeprodevp inbox and answers questions regarding job postings, resume collections, programs and events posted in Graduate Connections.
- Updates Opportunities database on the website.
- Assists with compiling employment statistics for U.S.-Trained LL.M. in Taxation students and publishes on website in October.
- Creates news, events and opportunities blurbs for use in Graduate Connections.
- Maintains and updates employer outreach databases throughout the year with new contacts, bounce backs, and alumni information.
Graduate Career & Professional Development
- Compiles resume collections and sends to employers when requested by employers.
- Updates Foreign Associate Handout using NALP Directory each summer.
- Coordinates collection of revisions to the Career manuals.
- Conducts externship marketing in June to update Pre-Approved Externship Database (June/July) and maintains a list of early deadlines for Fall externships.
- Updates and maintains Student Externship Survey Binder each summer.
- Updates and maintains Tax Court Clerkship Binder each summer.
- Conducts research on Tax professional associations for TIP outreach.
- Collects and compiles ISIP student information for NYU Law (September).
- Reviews and compiles ISIP interview invitation results and upload to website as needed.
- Creates country of citizenship list for Foreign-trained LL.M. Marketing Brochure.
- Updates and maintains all aspects of our Annual Chart for Associate Dean.
Special Projects for Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs
Handles projects related to alumni outreach for recruiting travel and local alumni/student get-togethers for networking purposes.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 to 4 years of office experience
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.