Intern, Office of Government Relations & Public Affairs (GRPA) / 2017 (Job #1715)
6 days left
- Full Time
National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
The National Endowment for Democracy(NED) is a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, and is seeking an Intern for the Office of Government Relations & Public Affairs. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
Position Summary: The Office of Government Relations & Public Affairs at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as an Intern for 2017. The unpaid internship provides excellent opportunities for research, writing and administration in the areas of communications (press, social media, publications and public events), Congressional relations and the Freedom of Information Act. The Intern will also interact with a stream of international visitors, speakers and activists who are working in support of democratic development and human rights.
- Assist with meeting and event preparations
- Attend lectures and events related to democracy assistance
- Conduct research and compile files pertaining to Freedom of Information Act requests
- Help maintain contact database
- Engage with Twitter followers
- Provide web and multimedia support
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be a registered student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program; able to receive college credit or transcript notation of participation in our program for each semester of the internship. An independent study option, if approved by your university is also possible.
- Qualified candidates should have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, maintain a strong work ethic and have sharp attention to detail.
- Students must also have strong computer skills.
- Multimedia experience is a plus.
Time Commitment: 24-40 hrs./week (not to exceed 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
Travel Reimbursement: $10/day for commuter expenses
NED Application Deadline: n/a; All internships are posted until filled
Anticipated Start Date: o/a June 5, 2017
Orientation Dates: June 5-9, 2017
Anticipated End Date: August 25, 2017
Authorization: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.