DAILY TEACHING SUBSTITUTE
7 days left
- Full Time
- Minimum requirements are that a substitute teacher shall be at least 18 years of age AND hold a high school diploma OR have passed a high school equivalency examination approved by the LCPS Board of Education.
- Experience with being a lead teacher/instructor/professor of adults or children preferred.
- Experience teaching or training adults or children in a non-classroom public school environment required (i.e. scout leader, classroom/school volunteer, preschool instructor, coach, store or restaurant manager, trainer).
- Knowledge of effective classroom management strategies preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required
The daily-teaching substitute is responsible for providing classroom oversight for a teacher whom is absent from their classroom on any given instructional day. The daily-substitute must work (at a minimum) three assignments per semester to remain on the active substitute roster.
- Provides continuity of instruction, both verbally and in writing, in various subject areas utilizing curriculum crafted by Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) and/or the absent teacher.
- Follows and adheres to lesson plans (when applicable) created by absent teacher.
- Observes, follows and is well versed in LCPS policies, procedures and expectations.
- Understands the needs and intentions of the absent classroom teacher and clearly communicates these expectations to the students.
- Provides direction and supervision to students at all times, ensuring their safety and educational goals are priority during this supervision.
- Complies with the unique policies and procedures of the individual schools that are housed within LCPS.
- Has the ability to be flexible with change and is adaptive to environmental changes on short notices in order to meet the needs of the schools within LCPS.
- Provides students with assignments, correction to work submitted for approval, update attendance records and answers general student questions.
- Works and builds a positive relationship with students, staff, administrators and Sub Central in Human Resources to provide a safe, positive environment for students. Be available to teach a variety of subjects at different grade levels; remaining confident, comfortable, and professional with providing appropriate level of discipline in the classroom.
- Provide the absent teacher at the conclusion of each assignment with a written summary that includes: lessons covered, incidents that may have occurred, student questions, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a substitute to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the substitute is frequently required to stand and walk for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The substitute is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The substitute is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND TALENT DEVELOPMENT
WHEN APPLYING BELOW PLEASE SUBMIT AS A SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION INSTEAD OF LICENSED.SALARY:
SALARY OR HOURLY WAGE: $110 per day for 7-hour day ($15.71 per hour)DAYS: FROM - TO -