Technician, Help Desk - 75% Travel
6 days left
- Full Time
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software. Primary responsibility will be deploying Windows 10 operation systems as part of GDIT's deployment team.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Assists in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Travel - 75%
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through using established procedures ensuring all actions taken are documented in the assigned ticket
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up step
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Resolves all tickets assigned and works them IAW the Agency's ticket handling process
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides second-tier support to end users for all approved applications on the Agency's desktop
- Interact with network services, datacenter or business applications groups to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems
- Creates knowledge base articles for use by IT professionals and customer base
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required.Current MCSE or MCITP certifications required(Desired) Experience deploying Windows Operating systems (Windows 10 desired)Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 2008 Server and experience working in a complex Windows Enterprise.Previous experience with classified system administration and crypto devices.Experience with HBSSStrong English written and oral communication skills