Biostatistician in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Biomathematics - Lombardi Comprehensive Center
Biostatistician in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Biomathematics - Lombardi Comprehensive Center, Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC), part of Georgetown University Medical Center and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, seeks to prevent, treat, and cure cancers by linking scientific discovery, expert and compassionate patient care, quality education, and partnership with the community; guided by the principle of cura personalis - "care for the whole person."
The Biostatistician provides biostatistical collaboration on the design, conduct, analysis, and interpretation of research projects in neuroscience and cancer, and conducts methodological research into innovative solutions to problems arisen in the collaboration. These projects involve basic science, clinical medicine, population science and statistical research to provide innovative solutions to problems arisen in the collaboration. Reporting to the Department Chair and with indirect supervision by various faculty members and Principal Investigators (PI), the Biostatistician has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Participates in the education activities within the Department - such as TA for courses as needed, with a possibility of teaching R or SAS to graduate students.
- Actively collaborates on the design, conduct, analysis and interpretation of research projects related to cancer and other studies
- Assists in grant preparation for Lombardi Cancer Center members and other GUMC applications
- Prepares analysis and summary for DSMC meetings
- Supports in analysis needed for CRC protocol reviews
- Implements randomization
- Master's degree in biostatistics or statistics
- 3 years of experience in statistical design and analysis for biomedical research projects
- Experience with biostatistical aspects of medical research projects, and experience in a consulting environment
- A strong background in R, SAS, categorical and survival analysis
- Ability to implement analysis methods in R and SAS
- Highly complex specialized training to perform the functions of the job
- Expertise in Biostatistics/Statistics
- Programming skills in SAS and S-Plus
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.