GPH Senior Finance & Administration Specialist (845-679)
6 days left
- Full Time
The Senior Finance & Administration (F&A) Specialist, GPH Finance & Administration is a hands-on supervisory position responsible for the financial management of a growing portfolio of programs to include programs funded by various donors such as WHO, Global Fund, and USAID. This position’s main responsibility is to serve as a key liaison with the program staff to develop a viable, comprehensive cost/schedule plan that reflects the planned performance of all the work and will ensure contractual compliance and successful delivery of program activities, in a cost-effective and efficient manner. This position will also contribute to the development and/or refinement of comprehensive control systems, including department policies, SOPs and reporting procedures to provide accurate and timely financial reporting to program management and staff in USP - Rockville and the field offices. The Senior F&A Specialist will also supervise the GPH Accounting functions and support the quality control of all deliverables originating from the GPH F&A team, including financial donor reports, procurement, and sub-award documents.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leads the financial planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting for a growing portfolio of GPH donor-funded projects, and maintains strong financial controls for these projects;
- Works closely with program staff in development/management of program/contract budgets; monitors budget pipelines; and provides timely and accurate financial reports to GPH management, program staff, and donors, as required;
- Serves as a key liaison with USP departments, including Finance and Accounting, as it relates to financial management/reporting and donor compliance;
- Works closely with the Senior Manager, GPH F&A to ensure continual review of internal and strategic controls and risk assessments, and contributes to development and/or revisions to systems and procedures as necessary and conducts trainings, as required;
- Assists Senior Manager, F&A and USP Accounting team in planning, coordinating and in implementing the decentralization process to the field offices;
- Assists Senior Manager, GPH F&A in preparing for and supporting project and annual financial audit;
- Plays a key role on costs proposals, including budget development and liaising with technical teams to ensure cohesion between the technical and cost proposals;
- Manages GPH Accounting functions to include supervision of the GPH F&A Coordinator and GPH F&A Associate and oversees their work to ensure compliance with USP and donor policies, rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field required.
- Minimum of six (6) years of demonstrated experience in financial management of large-scale, international development assistance programs
- Prior experience in managing donor funded programs, including US government funded programs required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in direct supervision of professional staff
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field or MBA preferred.
- Strong financial planning and management, procurement, and operations management, including experience working with international field office, with proven management skills;
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills with significant experience building strong relationships with field office teams;
- Excellent understanding of USAID and US government regulations preferred or international donor experience.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and accounting software; Oracle experience strongly desired
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including strong multicultural communication skills
- Demonstrated progression in career with increasing responsibilities
- Willing and able to travel to Africa and Asia up to 20% of the time
- Previous cost proposal experience
GPH F&A Coordinator
GPH F&A Associate
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular