Network systems monitoring/management/troubleshooting; incident tracking; coordination; and reporting (eg: performance; problem; change; capacity; security); escalate incidents to administrators/engineers and management teams for resolution; submit change requests; submit trouble tickets; alert support teams to issues and tickets in the queue; track and provide updates to support service level agreements. Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.