- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 16405.Information Systems
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: None
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 1 year of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Purpose Of The Position
Conduct requirements analysis, architectural and detail design, coding, implementation, testing and maintenance for highly integrated complex information systems. These systems (as part of Satellite Control Systems) support the ground network system, i.e. real time telemetry processing, commanding and flight dynamics systems. Identify and resolve systems software and hardware issues, also identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Participate in the initial formulation, analysis and design phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Design and develop highly integrated complex information systems (specifically computer applications for use in a real time satellite control system environment) and test procedures for these systems.
- Collaborate with other developers on the various software implementation tasks and participate actively in that implementation.
- Participate in planning and scheduling all tasks authorized by the Satellite Control Systems management.
- Report technical issues and progress against schedule.
- Produce appropriate specifications and support documentation for applications in development.
Required Skills And Abilities
- Must have a Bachelor's of Science in Engineering or Computer Science with at least one year of professional experience in real-time data acquisition and processing systems.
- Must have knowledge of entire system life cycle and system development methodologies, as well as a broad knowledge of computer network, hardware/software interface and protocols, operating systems and telecommunication systems.
- Experience in C/C++ programming required.
- Experience in JAVA required.
- Experience with CORBA highly desired
- Experience in Python programming highly desired.
- Must have experience in developing unit testing strategies and plans, testing methods and configuration management procedures.
- Must be able to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications, with proven leadership and organizational skills and a willingness to work with others to foster a team spirit.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.