Policy and Programs Intern
6 days left
- Full Time
Issue One is a nonprofit organization that broadens and strengthens efforts to reduce the influence of well-financed interests over politics by supporting strategic opportunities and recruiting more advocates to the cause of money-in-politics reform.
Issue One is seeking a Policy & Programs intern interested in money-in-politics reform who can jump into our fast-paced and stimulating office culture to help us make our government one that is truly accountable to every American.
Our interns are integral members of the team. We are a small but growing office where you will gain hands-on experience in legislative affairs, running and developing large programs, working with current and former elected officials, and other areas depending on your interests. We also work closely with other reform organizations and will give you an expansive look at the important work being done nationwide to reduce money in politics.
As an Issue One intern, you will:
- Help recruit and maintain relationships with our advisory board
- Assist the Policy & Programs team with legislative outreach
- Monitor news and updates related to money in politics
- Conduct money-in-politics and legislative research
- Help with other tasks as required
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, or a recent graduate (Government and Communications majors preferred)
- Demonstrated interest in campaign finance reform, government and policy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills (Mac and PC, MS Office)
- Strong organizational abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team