Media Outreach Intern
Zidisha is a Y Combinator nonprofit and the world's first direct person-to-person microlending platform to bridge the international wealth divide. We facilitate direct communication and transactions between lenders worldwide and borrowers in developing countries.
We have an opening for a creative intern with a keen interest in blog and press communications to drive our media outreach effort. Initial responsibilities include:
- Become familiar with a wide range of online and print media that cover online microlending and crowdfunding-related stories
- Identify specific bloggers, journalists and other thought leaders who cover areas relevant to Zidisha
- Collect contacts and implement weekly plan for outreach to the thought leaders you identified (goal is 20 per week)
- Coordinate interviews and gift card giveaways
- Design and maintain media research and outreach tracking system
Zidisha is a small and innovative start-up. As such, you will have a good deal of freedom to design and execute your own initiatives. Successful performance will have a major impact on the volume of loans funded through our lending platform, extending life-changing microcredit opportunities to many more disadvantaged entrepreneurs.
- This is a remote position that may be undertaken from any location worldwide, as long as you have a reliable internet connection.
- The minimum time commitment is ten hours per week, days and times are up to you.
- Start and end dates are flexible.