Video Internship, Chesapeake Climate Action Network
Spring Interns at CCAN work side-by-side with our experienced communications experts to create compelling content and run impactful media campaigns across our region. They gain valuable experience for careers in the communications and media industries.APPLY NOW TO SPEND SPRING SEMESTER INTERNING WITH US
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and video sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is January 31st, 2017, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.ABOUT CCAN
We're the largest and oldest grassroots group fighting for bold and just solutions to climate change in the Chesapeake region of Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland.
We've put a stop to new coal plants in Virginia, expanded clean energy in Washington DC, and pressed the pause button on fracking in Maryland.OUR CAMPAIGNS
In 2017, we're going to keep fighting: to stop massive fracked-gas pipelines across the farms and forests of Virginia, to put a nation-leading and equitable price on carbon in DC, and to place a permanent, statewide, ban on fracking in Maryland.
We and our 40,000 supporters surrounding the nation's capital are going to keep building the powerfully diverse grassroots climate movement our region needs - building local resistance, raising our voices, acting.
And under a Trump presidency, we'll be fighting for more than just energy justice. Trump is a threat to all of our progressive values and we will work with our progressive allies across the region for paid sick days for all workers, an increased minimum wage, an end to racial profiling by police, fair laws for transgender people, and more. We will pitch in wherever we can.SPECIFICALLY, YOUR TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
- Conceptualizing, and creating compelling videos
- Editing videos
- Shooting video at our events
- Possibly creating graphics
- Possibly drafting and planning video content for CCAN's social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- And having an amazing opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the organization that climate activist Bill McKibben has called the "best regional climate organization in the world."
- A driving passion to combat climate change despite a climate denier in the White House, and secure clean energy victories
- A commitment to a fair and equitable energy future
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- A good understanding of social media spheres
- And a sense of humor!
Graphic design and/or videography skills are preferred but not required.LOCATION:
This internship will be based in our office in Takoma Park, Maryland.HOURS AND DATES:
Interns are part time and typically work 15-20 hours per week. Spring interns typically start in mid- to late-January and wrap up in mid-May.COMPENSATION:
Our internships are unpaid positions. We encourage you to pursue course credit for this internship, or external grant opportunities if those are available, and will support these pursuits in any way we possibly can.