Administrative Assistant, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism - Biomedical Research Organizati
- Full Time
Administrative Assistant, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism - Biomedical Research Organization, Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown's Biomedical Graduate Research Organization (BGRO), home to 53 percent of Georgetown University's sponsored research funding, led by Robert Clarke, Ph.D., Sc.D., was created to foster cutting-edge interdisciplinary collaboration and to enhance Georgetown University Medical Center's basic science and translational research capacity, especially in the areas of neurosciences, child health and human development, cardiovascular-kidney diseases, infectious diseases and in collaborative work with researchers and clinicians from Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. In addition to promoting this lifesaving research, BGRO's focus on educational and academic excellence in the biomedical sciences is helping to create the next generation of researchers in the United States and around the world.
The Administrative Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Promotes campus events through innovative and traditional public relations/advertising techniques.
- Sets up and breaks down of meetings.
- Assists with the Research Day events sponsored by the Department of Medicine.
- Picks up and delivers mail for Staff.
- Provides administrative support to administrator in BGRO.
- Types correspondence and enters data/computing as necessary.
- Creates publications (for example, fliers, and brochures) for research activities and posts fliers around campus.
- Handles creation, publication and distribution of fliers and brochures for education and research activities.
- Assists in running reports and organizing by cost centers.
- Provides administrative support to the BGRO Clinical Departments and Centers.
- Assists faculty members and fellows in the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism in preparation of posters, publications and grants.
- High School diploma or certified equivalency
- 1 to 2 years of administrative support experience
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.