Marketing and Events Coordinator, MBA Admissions
Marketing and Events Coordinator, MBA - McDonough School of Business
Located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations, Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business develops principled leaders with a global mindset to be in service to business and society. Guided by that purpose, we are a business school that produces knowledge and educates leaders to address the most significant challenges and opportunities facing business and society today.
The Marketing and Events Coordinator, MBA is responsible for various activities that directly serve prospective students to enhance the quality of their experience with the MBA Program Admissions Office. The primary responsibilities of this person are to provide marketing and event execution and administrative support for the MBA Admissions Office. This person assists with the coordination of the interview process, on- and off-campus event planning and execution, administrative support for the development of marketing materials and special projects as needed. Duties include but are not limited to:
Coordinate Alumni and Current Student Interview Program
- Assists Associate Director in recruiting current students for the Interview Program.
- Works with Associate Director to manage database of current student interviewers.
- Manages interview scheduling and handle all communication regarding interview details via Apply Yourself for interviewers (alumni, staff and current students) and interviewees (prospective students and applicants).
- Follows up with interviewers for reports; data entry of interview reports scores.
- Manages "GeorgetownMBAlnterviews" email account.
- Maintains registration and communication plan in Apply Yourself event system for int erviews.
- Assists Assistant and Associate Directors with marketing efforts.
- Coordinates shipping of marketing materials to off-campus event locations.
- Provides administrative support for the development of marketing materials.
Event Planning Support
- Assists Assistant Director with on- and off-campus event planning and execution.
- Assists in the evaluation of the effectiveness of each event, including summarizing each event.
- Maintains registration and communication plan in Apply Yourself event system for events.
- Books rooms and equipment through various campus offices for events.
Administrative and Program Support
- Has a thorough understanding of the policies, procedures and mission of the MBA Admissions office and apply it to daily activities. Must be able to clearly articulate verbally and in written form.
- Has a thorough understanding of the programs, resources and events of the MBA program and Georgetown University. Must be able to clearly articulate verbally and in written form.
- Provides accurate information when needed by prospective students regarding admissions activities of the school and/or University programs, resources and events.
- Serves as back-up manager for GeorgetownMBA email account.
- Secondary coverage for front office and for answering telephone calls.
- Coordinates the ordering of office supplies and manage the supply room.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required or an Associate' s degree with experience in a related field
- 1-2 years in higher education administration or university setting preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office soft ware
- Must be able to work in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office soft ware
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and problem-solving skills required
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.