Developer III (840-679)
The Developer III will be a part of a dynamic and lean product development team working on the continued development of our “Nabu” web publication delivery platform. This position would independently deliver reliable, scalable new features to Nabu platform built with Java Spring Framework, ExtJS 6.x, Solr, eXistDB, XSLT, XQuery and Aurora on AWS. Work with the development team to design and deliver finished, high quality, and compelling features and products on time.
This position will work on all aspects of software development such as coding, designing and testing both on the frontend and the backend. They must also have exceptional attention to detail and be able to analyze their work as well as the work of others for bugs and redundant code. This position may assist the other senior Developers in the design phase of new projects and must be self-directed and have excellent communication skills, a creative nature and a desire to innovate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, document, and develop world class web applications leveraging the full spectrum of front-end and back-end technologies and cutting-edge design patterns to include Java, Spring, Ext JS, and SOLR for search
- Collaborate with team of full-stack developers to design, develop, unit test, and support new features
- Create prototypes, refine solutions and establish proof of concept for applications and modules.
- Strive for high quality and rapid output through the use of agile software development best practices in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proactively learn product frameworks and code base
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer science or relevant field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in full life cycle systems design, analysis and programming emphasizing n-tier web-based applications development and web services.
- Experience in Java Spring Framework/J2EE,
- Experience with Sencha’s Ext JS 6.x and MVVM pattern for UI development required.
- Proficiency in search technologies (faceted search) like SOLR and Lucene required.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools, build tools like Sencha cmd, GIT, Ant, Maven required.
- Experience and passion for agile scrum and continuous integration.
- Experience with TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a small team with minimal supervision
- Ability to identify technical risks, present solutions to non-technical personnel and influence technical decisions.
- Ability to train and mentor junior-level developers.
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a global organization and interact with application users from non-US sites.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills essential.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular