Grooming Salon Leader (Manager)
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We're making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Promotes and ensures the efficient and effective operations of the Grooming Salon. Responsible for achieving targeted goals of the grooming salon to include budgeted sales goals, gross margin to budget, labor percentage to budget, promoter metrics, supply costs, staffing and oversees the daily operations of the salon. Through the lens of our Petco Co-Values, ensures the health, welfare and proper care of all live animals. Provides grooming services that align with brand promise. Provides training, feedback and coaching for Pet Stylists, Pet Stylist Apprentices, Grooming Salon Apprentices and Grooming Assistants. Ensures the safety of both salon partners and pets. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that may be covered by Petco operational standards, policies and procedures. The Grooming Salon Leader is responsible for the welfare of all live animals Grooming Salon.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ensure the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Petco standards, policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
- Supervises the daily operations of the grooming salon.
- Professionally manages and performs grooming services including brushing, bathing, ear and teeth cleaning, expression of anal glands, & trimming nails. Follow owner's instructions and/or Breed Profiles/Standards when clipping or trimming an animal's coat. Ensure the safety and well-being of animals.
- Completes personal & salon partners' daily grooming sales paperwork(s). Reviews all grooming partners' paperwork(s) daily to ensure the proper sales are recorded on each pet before turning in to the store leader.
- Orders supplies as necessary for the grooming salon. In partnership with the Guest Experience Leader, provides and properly maintains clippers, blades, and other hand tools required to perform grooming services.
- Assists with building the grooming business (IE: Reminder calls, Book-a-Bath, 3 With Me... Greet guests on the sales floor and or during vaccination clinics to promote grooming services).
- Ensures Grooming Salon cleanliness, performs routine housekeeping to maintain appearance of the Grooming Salon to Petco standards.
- Provides courteous service to all guests by utilizing the GUEST+ Model in the salon.
- Exhibits a high level interest in animal welfare.
- Adheres to and promotes established safety procedures and maintenance of clean, safe and healthy environment for store partners, guests and animals.
- Adheres to loss prevention policies.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and wr