Guest Experience Specialist - Temporary (Stock Associate)
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We're making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.Purpose Statement
To provide guest experience services, including cashiering to ensure the achievement of a given store's budgeted sales goals by assisting guests in the proper selection of merchandise in accordance with their specific needs. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks, including ensuring merchandise is accurately stocked and priced, which are covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks, most questions are referred to the Guest Experience Leader and/or the Leader on Duty.
1. Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
2. Interest in animal welfare.
3. Provide prompt and courteous service to all Petco or Unleashed by Petco guests by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise to satisfy them, and by effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
4. Perform all aspects of point of sale service - cash, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Daily balance of cash drawer as necessary.
5. Assist in stocking and facing merchandise according to established procedures.
6. Complete cash register transactions as well as guest carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding 50 pounds per trip.
7. Assist in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise according to established procedures in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
8. Ensure that store animals, birds, reptiles and fish receive the highest quality care, are maintained in habitats that are clean, safe and secure and that all reasonable and required steps are taken to maintain their good health. Alert store leaders immediately if any animal, reptile, bird or fish is in need of medical attention or other special care.
9. Perform routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, restroom maintenance, etc.
10. Assist store leadership in the opening/closing of the store as needed, to include the accurate completion of required paperwork.
11. Participate in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
12. Adhere to and promote established safety and loss prevention procedures.
13. Special projects as assigned.
Work EnvironmentThe majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise stocking and customer carry-outs will require that an associate leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for