Guest Advisor (Sales Associate)
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We're making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Provide guests with exceptional customer service by being the subject matter expert on all products, nutrition, services, in-store promotions, local community events and other areas of animal care and wellness. The Guest Advisor may be a 'key holder' and Leader on Duty (LOD) on a limited basis as needed.
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
1. Act as a personal shopper/information center for customers as they enter the store and be 100% focused on customer service.
2. Provide quick and courteous service to all PETCO customers and their pets by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and services to satisfy them.
3. Be knowledgeable about pet-related events/resources and related costs within the community including dog parks, dog or cat shows, pet-friendly hotels, etc.
4. Express passion about animal welfare and maintain integrity in the work area.
5. Be familiar with all new products and services in order to be able to engage with customers regarding new product and services features and benefits.
6. Politely and professionally respond to inquiries regarding products, services and pricing via the telephone.
7. Bend, kneel, lift (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and stand for long periods of time.
8. Inform Guests of upcoming adoption events, explain our Think Adoption First philosophy.
9. Know the team and the areas of expertise for each store partner so that they can connect the customer with the right store partner to deliver the guest experience and desired.
10. Maintain familiarity with current store promotions and special services.
11. Be up to date with seasonal training such as flea and tick, pet summer safety, holiday promotions, etc. when applicable.
Leader on Duty (LOD) Key Accountabilities
1. Provide quick and courteous service to all customers by utilizing the GUEST+ Model.
2. Ensure OSE standards are maintained throughout the store.
3. Ensure that the store is opened and / or closed as a 'key holder' in accordance with established P&Ps.
4. Assist with evaluating staffing levels on scheduled shifts to determine and ensure appropriate staffing.
5. While direct supervision is not assigned to this position, job responsibilities may include providing functional guidance to store partners, including assignment delegation, instruction, and follow-through.On a limited basis, as needed acts in the capacity of the Leader on Duty (LOD), but does not have authority to hire, discipline or separate partners, but is responsible for advising the leadership team of any issues that arise Work Envi