Store Leader (Manager) - Store 2890 - Bel Air, MD
7 days left
- Full Time
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We're making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Leads, trains and develops department level leaders and hourly store partners in all areas and functions required to run the store efficiently and to Petco standards. Ensures all partners provide quality service to satisfy the needs of Petco guests. Demonstrates a high level of interest in the welfare, health, and proper handling of all animals. Ensures merchandise is properly priced, displayed and stocked according to inventory levels appropriate for the store. Completes and submits accounting, inventory management and payroll paperwork in a timely manner. Ensures all expenses are maintained within budgeted levels. Maintains the store's appearance adheres to Petco operational standards and safety procedures. This job is composed of a variety of tasks, that are covered by general operating procedures but also requires extensive individual judgment to ensure successful operation of the store. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment. Through the lens of our Petco Co-Values, the Store Leader will have authority to make independent decisions on matters of consequence to the business and/or its guests free from immediate supervision and will make recommendations that are subject to final authority of a District Leader or Regional Partner. Responsibilities will vary depending on the store size and location, the number of specialty departments, the sales volume, number of partners and the leadership structure. The Store Leader is responsible to ensure the store achieves the Petco established goals and metrics.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
- Hires, trains, develops, manages and motivates a team to drive sales through effective leadership and merchandising techniques as well as quality guest service. Accurately forecast and prepare for staffing and turnover needs in alignment with business demands.
- Regularly direct all store partners on subjects including hiring, training and development, assignment delegation, scheduling and follow through, feedback and coaching, performance reviews and disciplinary action including separation when necessary.
- Monitors partner promoter survey results and ensures department level leaders develop action plans.
- Independently prioritizes and accomplishes multiple leadership tasks within established timeframes by effectively planning and managing workload, delegating work and supervising, monitoring and directing department level leaders and other partners.
- Exercises sound business and pers